CMC Clutch by Harken Industrial
The CMC Clutch: Intuitive, Efficient and Simple
We’ve been putting the Clutch through it’s paces for a couple of months now, and this piece of gear really does live up to the hype. To quote our Director, Bill Proctor,
“It is extremely easy to use as a descender and ascender in a rope access scenario, but also excels as a rescue load lowering device, progress capture, mechanical advantage and belay. The becket is a notable addition that is lacking in most other devices. Simplicity is everything in both rope access and rescue, and the Clutch is definitely a major development in achieving this.”
- efficient hauling
- controlled lowering
- smooth personal descent
- easy ascending and
- The stainless steel ratcheting and rotating sheave which provides efficient and audible progress capture.
- That rope loading/unloading is secured with an innovative double-latched side plate design that is independent of the device‘s attachment point.
- An anti-panic brake and force limiting features which ensure operational safety and overload protection.
- A machined aluminium chassis clad with stainless steel wear guards which ensures lightweight durability.
- An integrated becket which allows for direct connection of mechanical advantage systems.
- That this is the only 10.5-11.5 mm rope diameter compatible device certified to NFPA 1983 (G-Rated), ANSI Z359.4 and EN 12841/C, 341/2A, and 15151/8.
The long awaited Clutch is due to arrive in Australia any day now. To ensure that you can brag that you have one, order now as the waiting list is already growing.
Please note that the ultimate safety of the CMC Clutch by Harken Industrial rests in the knowledge and training of those utilising the item. We strongly advise that you do not use the Clutch without first undertaking appropriate product training.
Available on backorder
NFPA 1983 (2017 ED) General Use
EN 12841: 2006/C
EN 341: 2011/2A
EN 15151-1: 2012/8
3 sigma MBS
Becket: 22 kN
For use with 10.5-11.5mm ropes
208mm x 112mm x 47mm
* Please note: Prices given are in Australian dollars and are inclusive of GST. Discounts are applicable for large quantity orders or institutional organisations, please enquire. You may incur an additional charge for postage and handling. Prices are subject to change without notice.