The CMC MPD (Multi-Purpose Device)
The MPD allows you to go from lowering to raising without changing hardware. The MPD’s high-efficiency pulley, with an integral rope-grab mechanism, allows it to be used as a lowering device on the main line and belay line systems and be quickly changed over to a raising system without switching out or replacing hardware. The combination of essential features into a single device simplifies on-scene rigging, allows for fewer components in your system, reduces weight and simplifies training.The MPD is UL Classified as a pulley, descent control device and belay device and its features include:-
- A high efficiency pulley is incorporated with an integral rope-locking mechanism (ratchet) for a haul system
- The built-in becket allows cleaner rigging and more efficient pulley systems
- Functions as both a lowering brake and as a ratcheting pulley for raising
- Ideal for confined space operations because it converts rapidly to a retrieval line
- Comes with a padded Cordura nylon storage bag and User’s Manual
- Available in a 11mm (grey) version designed for and tested with 11 mm rope.
- Please contact us if you require the 13mm (red) version designed for use with 12.5 – 13mm rope.
Please note that the ultimate safety of the CMC MPD rests in the knowledge and training of those utilising the item. We strongly advise that you do not use the MPD without first undertaking appropriate product training.
11mm Version: NFPA 1983 “T” Technical Use for descent control
13mm Version: NFPA 1983 “G” General Use for descent control
3 sigma MBS Pulley
11mm Version: 44kN
13mm Version: 44kN
3 sigma MBS Descent Control
11mm Version: 20kN
13mm Version: 23kN
11mm Version: 1.2kg
13mm Version: 1.2kg
* Please note: Prices given are in Australian dollars and are inclusive of GST. Discounts are applicable for large quantity orders or institutional organisations, please enquire. You may incur an additional charge for postage and handling. Prices are subject to change without notice.