Lightweight Modular Harness
The CMC Outback Harness is a lightweight modular system ideal for rescue teams who work in remote areas. The wearer can start with just the belt, move to a sit harness and then use the harness as a full body rescue ensemble. The versatility of this system means that it can be used for climbing, rope rescue, rope access and tactical or military operations.
Features of the CMC Outback Harness include:-
The Sit Harness Waist Belt:-
- Incorporates a Cobra quick-connect buckle which makes it fast and easy to get on and off
- Has a narrow width so that it can fit through most belt loops
- Is compatible with a number of Molle attachments
- Like the Cobra-D, it is comfortable to wear all day.
The Sit Harness Leg Loop Assembly:-
- Has a patent-pending integration system which allows you to add the leg loops without opening the belt
- Creates a highly stable connection that maintains its position on the body
- Leg loops are closed by quick-connect Cobra Buckles, assembling in seconds
- No need to remove backpack, skis, snowshoes, or crampons when donning
- Aluminum D-Ring is more durable than fabric and fits multiple connections without cross loading.
The Rear Straps for the Sit Harness:-
- Are included with the Leg Loop Assembly for added comfort when hiking
- Are optional, lightweight, and removable if no longer desired.
The Chest Harness Unit:-
- Can be rapidly integrated without opening the sit harness or other components
- Allows you to utilise the sit harness until a full body unit is preferred
- Provides additional comfort, security, and features for rope work
- Has a sternal attachment point for backup systems or helicopter operations
- Is universally sized to allow sharing between team members in the field
- Can be easily assembled and adjusted using 3 Cobra Frame Buckles.
The Optional Rear Chest Harness Strap
- Is included with Chest Unit for added comfort on rope and hanging suspended
- Is optional, lightweight, and easily stowed if no longer desired.
The Chest Ascender Kit:-
- Allows you to quickly install the lightweight Kong Futura Body mini chest ascender
- The Chest Ascender Is certified to CE EN 567 and CE EN 12841/B and is compatible with 9-12mm rope
- Includes an ascender strap and delta quick-link for rapid integration
- Allows technicians to move on the rope without relying on a large team
- Works in combination with other ascent/descent devices for easy progression
- Delivers vertical mobility, hands-free positioning, and self-sufficiency
The Carry Pouch:-
- Is compact, comfortable to carry, and made with water resistant X-50 fabric
- Carries harness components as well as essential gear like carabiners and cord
- Has Molle compatible velcro straps attach to the Waist Belt, packs, or structures
- Has a zippered front pocket which is sized to fit cell phones, keys, or GPS devices
- Has gear loops on each side provide which provide easy access to equipment when roped up
The Gear Loop:-
- Is an essential accessory for organising and carrying gear on the Outback Harness
- Are fast, light, and modular – they quickly attach to the Waist Belt even whilst it’s being worn
- Has a redundant, closed loop design and connects both Buckles for increased security
- Also functions as a gear sling, attaching equipment all-at-once to the harness
- Is an ideal tool for users in rescue, access, mountaineering, tactical, and teaching
Multiple gear loops can be attached in desired locations for maximum versatility