SMC Vector Edge and Load Management System
Lightweight Monopod System
The concept of the single leg ‘gin pole’ or ‘monopod’ as a rigging tool has been around forever. SMC’s designers and engineers have taken the monopod a quantum leap forward with the new Vector Edge and Load Management System. Weighing in at just over a kilogram, the Vector is very easily transported or carried to even the most challenging of work or rescue environments. When combined with a high strength – low stretch cord, like Sterling’s 5mm Powercord, rope, pulleys and carabiners the Vector can both reduce your risk when working near an edge as well as act as a state of the art edge management device.
Other features of the SMC Vector Edge and Load management System include:-
- Can easily be utilised whether you are working in a rescue, rope access, military / tactical or other rigging environment
- Applicable on natural surfaces and built structures
- Comes with both rounded ‘blunt’ foot end and pointed foot end
- Manufactured from aerospace grade aluminium
- Rigging plates can be used independently of the monopod
- The head is designed to accommodate ‘carabinerless’ connections with low stretch cord, saving gear and time
- Absolutely the lightest device of its kind available
- Comes with extensive instructions for safe rigging
Please note that the ultimate safety of the SMC Vector rests in the knowledge and training of those setting up the system. We strongly advise that you do not use the Vector without first undertaking appropriate product training.
Please also know that this item is a special order item and may not be shipped within our normal timeframe of 1-2 business days.