Pole & Mast Rescue
This one day (8 hour) course deals specifically with worker rescue from monopoles and masts. Participants will ideally have experience and training in pole or mast work before enrolling in this program.
The course is aimed at the very specific nature of pole rescue where there may be limited working room or difficulty in accessing the incapacitated worker (for example, if they are hanging below the crosshead or a ladder cable). The techniques taught during the course are simple in application and easy to remember, yet robust enough to be applied by telecommunications workers who rarely get to practice such skills. The course is predominantly practical & must be carried out on a monopole / mast or appropriate simulation prop.
A number of specific rescue skills & techniques are introduced during the day including:-
- methods of climbing past a worker incapacitated on an access cable
- creating a rescue anchor at any point on a pole or mast
- direct evacuation of a casualty by assisted abseil
- pre rigged ‘lift & lower’ type rescue kits
- lowering a casualty & use of a ‘tag line’ to avoid the structure
- angulated ‘skate block’ (tracking line) rescues
We Only Accept Group Bookings for this Course
This course is offered on-demand to groups only and can be conducted either from our training facility or at a site suitable to you. Please contact us by completing our course enquiry form below or by calling 02 4784 2224 during business hours.