Height Safety Training for Natural Surfaces
RIIWHS204E Work Safely at Heights*
This nationally endorsed height safety training program is designed for those who work on natural surfaces or in vegetated environments such as cliffs, road or rail cuttings and embankments, quarry walls or landscaped areas.
Ideal for bush regenerators, NPWS personnel, council workers, landscapers and road and rail workers, this program takes fall protection concepts away from buildings and structures and into a natural setting. If you are interested in working at heights training in a more industrial setting, please see our Working at Heights course.
Areas covered during the Height Safety Training for Natural Surfaces course include
- Relevant industry legislation, codes of practice & standards for working at height
- PPE and equipment for fall protection & work positioning in a natural surface setting
- The hierarchy of control
- The hierarchy of fall protection options
- A range of natural setting anchors (trees, rock bollards, holdfasts, bolts and climbing protection)
- Fall protection & positioning techniques in a natural surface environment
- Harness Hang Syndrome identification & management
- A range of emergency worker recovery procedures.
Successful participants receive an ASQA approved Statement of Attainment that fulfils the requirements of RIIWHS204E Work Safely at Heights which is provided by PACI (RTO ID 2808).
A comprehensive student manual is supplied, as well as all equipment required to complete the training.
We Only Accept Group Bookings
This course is designed as a bespoke program that can be individualised to different work contexts. If you represent four or more people, please feel free to contact us by calling 02 4784 2224 or, if you prefer, complete our course enquiry form below.