Cable Car & Ski Lift Rescue
Our Cable Car & Ski Lift Rescue program is designed to address the requirements of the International Standard EN 1909-2004 – “Safety Requirements for Cableway Systems Designed to Carry Persons: Recovery and Evacuation”. In many respects this course is largely unique in Australasia.
The course is aimed specifically at emergency response teams, ski patrollers, ropeway technicians and constructors and is run on site at the student’s place of work.
The course identifies a range of key areas including:
- PPE and associated gear for cableway access and raising/lowering systems
- safe methods of stanchion & tower access
- chair/gondola approach methods along the support cable
- client restraint systems & dealing with injured persons
- systems and devices for lowering loads safely over very long distances and
- rescuer egress techniques (rappel and cable recovery).
We also identify associated subjects including:-
- command, control and communications for high structure rescues and
- training methods for cableway rescue teams.
We Only Accept Group Bookings
This course is a bespoke program that is offered on demand to groups only. Please contact us by completing our course enquiry form below or by calling 02 4784 2224 during business hours.