Cable Car & Ski Lift Rescue
Designed to address the provisions of the International Standard EN 1909-2004 – “Safety Requirements for Cableway Systems Designed to Carry Persons: Recovery and Evacuation”, this course is largely unique in Australiasia.
The course is aimed specifically at rescue teams, ski patrollers, ropeway technicians and constructors and is run on site at the student’s place of work.
The course identifies such key areas as:
- PPE and associated gear for cableway access and raising/lowering systems
- safe methods of stanchion & tower access
- car/gondola approach methods along the cable
- client restraint systems & dealing with injured persons
- systems and devices for lowering loads safely over long distances and
- rescuer egress techniques (rappel and cable recovery).
We also identify associated subjects including:-
- command, control and communications for high structure rescues and
- training methods for cableway rescue teams.
For Further information
This course is offered on-demand only, please contact us by completing our course enquiry form below or by calling 02 4784 2224 during business hours.
Successful participants receive an AQTF approved Statement of Attainment.
A comprehensive manual (in electronic form) is supplied. All PPE and rescue equipment can be supplied for use during this course. Participants should ideally already be competent operators in their respective fields and may use their existing gear where available.