This is a one day (8 hour) program that is an extension to our working at heights training and covers the more desirable mode of work in restraint referred to as ‘work positioning’.
Specifically work positioning utilises the operator’s harness as an ‘active’ PPE(Personal Protection Equipment) device (supporting the weight of the operator rather than being worn ‘passively’ in a fall arrest mode) and must not allow for a fall distance of greater than 600mm. A key tenet of a work positioning system is the ability to work with both hands free.
The day is both theoretical and practical and covers:
- A short review of industry bodies, standards & legislation and the hierarchy of fall protection options (AS1891)
- Equipment checking, fitting and maintenance
- Devices applicable to work positioning, their use and maintenance
- Access to and egress from the work positioning zone
- Lanyards, pilot lines, dump bags and other methods of dealing with tools at height
For Further Information
Please call our office on 02 4784 2224 or complete our Course Enquiry Form. If you would like to attend a more in-depth working at heights training course, you may be interested in our suite of Industrial Rope Access Courses.
Successful participants receive an ASQA approved Statement of Attainment.
A recently attained Working at Heights qualification
A comprehensive student manual is supplied, as well as all equipment required for training.