Sterling HTP Static 11mm
High Tenacity Polyester Static Rope
There is a great need in technical rope work of all kinds to have a strong, durable and very low stretch rope. Nylon is a great fibre for low stretch and dynamic ropes due to its multipurpose use, but in certain applications a true static rope is far more efficient. That is why Sterling developed the HTP series of 100% polyester ropes. Sterling’s HTP™ all-polyester ropes offer significant advantages over nylon low stretch/static ropes in many applications. With less than 2.5% stretch per 150kg load, the need to pre-tension is less, reducing the loads on high lines and tracklines as well as the time to set up.Other features of HTP include:-
- Ideal for industrial rope access; mountain rescue; military and swift water rescue applicatons
- Sterling HTP has superior strength and handling due to the unique and finely tuned sheath and twisted core construction.
- Even after extensive use, HTP remains supple and easy to use.
- For tower erection and maintenance, transmission line rescue, and work at height uses, HTP offers low electrical conductivity, and greater resistance from UV and certain chemicals.
- As polyester is a naturally dry fiber, HTP resists moisture and maintains its high strength characteristics even in wet conditions.
- HTP is compatible with devices like the Petzl I’D and other rope grabs like the LOV2 making this the right rope for a variety of technical rope access and rescue applications.
Sterling HTP Static is also available in 9mm, 10mm and 13mm by special order. Please call 02 4784 2224 or use our Equipment Enquiry Form for more details.
Please note that adequate training and judgment are needed to reduce the risks inherent in the use of this equipment. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that the user is adequately and competently trained in the use of this product. We strongly advise that you do not use the any roping equipment without first undertaking appropriate training.
NFPA 1983 Technical
100% Polyester Static
Elongation (at 10% of MBS): 3.60%
Mountaineering and technical rope work are potentially hazardous activities and cannot be made safe. Any person using Sterling Rope equipment in any manner is personally responsible for learning the proper techniques involved, and assumes all risks and accepts full and complete responsibility for any and all damages or injuries of any kind, including death, which may result from misuse of any Sterling Rope product.