The 3D – A Three Action Locking Bar Descender
Brand new from the leaders in rescue equipment, the CMC 3D is a compact, lightweight locking bar descender. The 3D features two sliding bars for optimum friction control and efficiency. The horn design works well with any rope between 13mm and 9.5mm making it easy to add or subtract friction as needed throughout the evolution. Use your CMC 3D as a personal descender, rappel device or lowering device or for one or two person rescue lowers.
Made in the USA, the 3D also features:-
- A 3-stage “locking” center bar for added safety
- A design that allows loading from the top or the bottom
- The ability to control your descent from either side of the device
- The ability to lock off the device from either side
- An optimal rack length which allows two rescue-sized carabiners to be attached without rope contact or friction from carabiner
- A large horn size that allows for easy addition or subtraction of friction, even on larger 13mm ropes
- A straight feed design which does not put twists in the rope
- The ability to attach to your rope whilst the device is connected to a harness or anchor.
What impresses us about the 3D is that the pivoting centre bar and ambidextrous design allows for easier training. It doesn’t matter if the user is left handed, right handed, being taught to top load or bottom load, ascend or descend; the 3D can accommodate all users and all of these uses without complication.
Please note that adequate training and judgment are needed to reduce the risks inherent in the use of this equipment. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that the user is adequately and competently trained in the use of this product. We strongly advise that you do not use the 3D without first undertaking appropriate training.
NFPA T Rated
NFPA G Rated
Technical Use, 9.5mm – 13mm: 13.5kN
General Use, 13mm: 22kN
178mm x 102mm x 32mm
100% aircraft-grade aluminum and stainless steel components
* Please note: Prices given are in Australian dollars and are inclusive of GST. Discounts are applicable for large quantity orders or institutional organisations, please enquire. You may incur an additional charge for postage and handling. Prices are subject to change without notice.