Petzl Progress Lanyard
Petzl Progress Lanyard – Great for Progression
The Petzl Progress Lanyard is designed for rope progression and is a favourite tool of the rope access professional. This short and long leg twin rope lanyard is manufactured from dynamic rope for its energy absorbing properties. The lanyard features a clever but simple fall indicator. The fall indicator signals that the product should be retired. The Progress lanyard is very useful for passing intermediate anchors in an industrial rope access system.
Features of the Petzl Progress Lanyard include:-
- Dynamic rope lanyard limits energy transmitted to the user in a limited fall
- The green fall indicator stitching disappears when the lanyard is subjected to a major fall
- Y shape allows a constant connection for progressing along a fixed traverse line
- Long arm for attaching an ascension rope clamp when ascending rope
- Short arm for clipping in when passing intermediate anchors
- Ends equipped with a plastic sheath that holds the connector in place and protects against abrasion
Progress lanyards are a great tool for working in difficult to access areas, however, they should only used by a fully trained rope operator who understands fall factors, the placement of anchor points and the benefits of energy absorbers.