Petzl Progress Adjust Lanyard
Adjustable Progression lanyard
The Petzl Progress Adjust is another example of Petzl taking a great product, the Petzl Progress Lanyard, and making it more flexible. The innovation starts with the ergonomic shape of the Adjust rope clamp which is used to adjust one arm of the progress lanyard, and is completed with the additon of a connector positioning ring. By using the Adjust rope clamp, the rope access operator can quickly and easily adjust the length of the progression lanyard to facilitate ascents and traverses.
Used in conjuction with a rope clamp such as the Petzl Ascension, the Petzl Progress Adjust lanyard is a versatile work positioning tool. It should, however, be only used by a fully trained rope operator who understands fall factors, the placement of anchor points and the benefits of energy absorbers.
Features of the Petzl Progress Adjust lanyard include:-
- Very quick and precise length adjustment of the adjustable arm is possible thanks to the ergonomic shape of the Adjust rope clamp.
- Dynamic rope lanyard limits energy transmitted to the user in a limited fall.
- The Tanga positioning rubber ring holds your carabiner in position against the Adjust rope clamp. This facilitates clipping.
- The plastic sheath on the fixed arm holds your carabiner in position. This not only facilitates clipping, it also protects the ends of the lanyard from abrasion.
- Y shape allows a constant connection for progressing along a fixed traverse line.
- Fixed arm for attaching an Ascension rope clamp when passing intermediate anchors.
- Adjustable arm may be adjusted to the same length as the fixed arm to facilitate progression along traverse lines.
Progress lanyards are a great tool for working in difficult to access areas, however, they should only used by a fully trained rope operator who understands fall factors, the placement of anchor points and the benefits of energy absorbers.