Petzl Croll L
Chest-Mounted Rope Clamp
The Petzl Croll is ideal for long rope ascents, passing intermediate anchors and for transitioning from ascending to descending. It should generally be used in conjunction with an lanyarded hand ascender (never ascend on a single point of contact with the rope).Features of the Petzl Croll L include:
- trigger cam with self -cleaning slot: works even on dirty ropes
- catch is opened by pinching which gives quick and easy installation/removal of rope when the device is in place on chest
- spring-loaded catch can be locked in the open position so the rope clamp can be put on or taken off the rope with one hand
- the attachment hole is oriented so the device lies flat against the chest when clipped in
- compatible with ropes measuring 8 to 13mm diameter
- mounts easily on harnesses such as the CMC Helix.
We also stock the Petzl Croll S, contact us to find out more.
Please note that adequate training and judgment are needed to reduce the risks inherent in the use of this equipment. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that the user is adequately and competently trained in the use of this product. We strongly advise that you do not use the Croll without first undertaking appropriate training.