Chest-Mounted Rope Clamp
The Petzl Croll is ideal for long rope ascents, passing intermediate anchors and for transitioning from ascending to descending. It should generally be used in conjunction with an lanyarded hand ascender (never ascend on a single point of contact with the rope).
Features of the Petzl Croll include:
- trigger cam with teeth and cleaning slot: works even on dirty ropes
- ergonomic spring-loaded catch designed to facilitate installation/removal of rope when the device is in place on chest
- spring-loaded catch can be locked in the open position so the rope clamp can be put on or taken off the rope with one hand
- the attachment hole is oriented so the device lies flat against the chest when clipped in
- mounts easily on harnesses such as the CMC Helix.
The Croll has also been integrated into Petzl’s signature work harness, the Petzl AVAO. To find out more, visit the Petzl AVAO Bod Croll Fast page.
Please note that adequate training and judgment are needed to reduce the risks inherent in the use of this equipment. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that the user is adequately and competently trained in the use of this product. We strongly advise that you do not use the Croll without first undertaking appropriate training.