Ergonomic Handled Rope Clamp
The Petzl Ascension is designed for ascending a rope but may occasionally be used for hauling. The ascender has a wide, ergonomic moulded handle that allows for a comfortable yet powerful grip. There are lower holes for connecting a lanyard and/or footloop and an upper hole through which a carabiner attaches the device to the rope.
Features of the Petzl Ascension include:
- The handle includes a rubber over moulded grip which improves comfort and increases your grip in wet or sweaty conditions
- The wide opening allows the handle to be easily grasped, even when wearing thick gloves
- A mono-frame construction eliminates weaknesses and keeps the ascender lightweight and durable
- Ergonomic upper part to maximize power when pulling with two hands
- Multiple attachment points allow for different uses
- The safety catch prevents the cam from opening too far thus keeping the rope captured for added safety
- The safety catch is also totally integrated into the body of the ascender to help prevent snagging
- Toothed cam with self-cleaning slot optimizes performance under any conditions
- Wide lower hole for easily attaching two carabiners for a lanyard and footloop
- Available in left-handed and right-handed versions.