Set of Fours: 38kN
Compact, Lightweight Rope Grab
The CMC Ascender is designed for use primarily as a haul grab in mechanical advantage systems but also as a personal ascender in a rope ascension system.
The device utilises a spring actuated, removable cam to facilitate either unloaded progression or loaded gripping on a tensioned or untensioned rope.Based on an industry proven design & CNC machined from solid aircraft grade alloy for superior strength, the CMC ascender also features:
- A single removable pin system for attaching and removing the device from the host rope
- A smooth cam (i.e. no teeth) interface with the host rope, negating the risk of rope sheath damage in an overload situation
- A large connection hole that will accept the biggest rescue carabiners
- Distinctive red hard coat anodizing for easy identification and long service life
- Will accept up to 13mm (1/2”) kernmantle rope
Please note that adequate training and judgment are needed to reduce the risks inherent in the use of this equipment. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that the user is adequately and competently trained in the use of this product. We strongly advise that you do not use the CMC Ascender without first undertaking appropriate training.
In stock (can be backordered)