SMC Locking D Carabiner
Versatile, High Strength, Alloy Carabiner
The enduring design of the SMC Locking D has become the standard in rock climbing, mountaineering and rescue applications as well as in an ever increasing base of industrial applications due to its high strength, light weight, wide gate opening and functional versatility.Features of the SMC Aluminium Locking D include:-
- the nut of the locking sleeve engages on the gate – not on the carabiner frame – this helps prevent jamming or vibrating loose.
- small offset D frame fits easily in the hand and aligns well with gear such as pulleys, Protraxions etc.
- narrow bar stock used to create the frame means the carabiner is compatable with all devices as well as Australian style bolt hangers.
- the SMC Locking D is available in a range of colours meaning that you can colour code your systems for ease of deployment.
- ideal for mountain rescue & rope access use.
Please note that adequate training and judgment are needed to reduce the risks inherent in the use of this equipment. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that the user is adequately and competently trained in the use of this product. We strongly advise that you do not use any carabiner without first undertaking appropriate training.