Petzl I’D S
Self-Braking Descender/Belay Device with Anti-Panic Function
The Petzl I’D is a self-braking descender that ensures comfort and safety when moving on a single rope. We recommend it for tower workers, rope access techs and rescue personnel. For rope access technicians who are looking for something lighter, why not have a look at the Petzl Rig.Features of the Petzl I’D include:
- A multi-functional handle that allows the user to release the rope and begin the descent or position himself whilst on the rope
- An anti-panic function that is engaged if the user pulls too hard on the handle
- An anti-error safety catch which reduces the risk of an accident due to the incorrect installation of the device on the rope
- An auto-lock feature allows the device to be locked off without having to tie off
- A pivoting cam that makes it easier to take up the slack in the rope
- A new stainless steel wear plate that reinforces the rope friction zone, improving durability.
The Petzl I’D S is for working on fixed ropes and comes with a safety clip on the swinging plate. It is for use with rope diameters of 10 to 11.5mm and allows handling of loads up to 250 kg.
Please note that adequate training and judgment are needed to reduce the risks inherent in the use of this equipment. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that the user is adequately and competently trained in the use of this product. We strongly advise that you do not use the Petzl I’D without first undertaking appropriate training.
$389.00 – $409.00