Recucender, the New Design!
The Petzl Rescucender is a cam-loaded rope clamp designed for use whilst undertaking technical rope rescue, work positioning or working at heights. Its milled aluminium construction makes it both lightweight and yet very strong.
Easily fixed to any point of the line with the clamp mechanism, the Rescucender will hold a fall whilst the cam and body shape work together to minimize the likelihood of rope damage. The Rescucender can be outfitted with a short tow-cord to make downward progress while rappelling easier and safer.
Popular with emergency services and rescue personnel, further features of the Rescucender include:-
- Independent safety catches on each side of the device allow easy opening while reducing the risk of accidental opening. These safety catches are equipped with an unlocked indicator (see picture)
- The specially curved design allows the rope to pass through smoothly
- The cam is integrated into the frame of the device to facilitate handling. The integrated cam spring also helps avoid accidental snagging and increases durability
- Slides easily up the rope and jams when the cam is loaded
- Slides easily downwards if the cam is prevented from engaging
- Locking pin resists accidental disconnection of the device from the rope
- Large attachment hole to facilitate carabiner rotation.
Please note that adequate training and judgment are needed to reduce the risks inherent in the use of this equipment. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that the user is adequately and competently trained in the use of this product. We strongly advise that you do not use any height safety equipment without first undertaking appropriate training.