Ergonomic Handled Rope Clamp
The Petzl Ascension is designed for ascending a rope but may occasionally be used for hauling. The ascender has a wide, ergonomic moulded handle that allows for a comfortable yet powerful grip. There are lower holes for connecting a lanyard and/or footloop and an upper hole through which a carabiner attaches the device to the rope.
Features of the Petzl Ascension include:
- The handle includes a rubber over moulded grip which improves comfort and increases your grip in wet or sweaty conditions
- The wide opening allows the handle to be easily grasped, even when wearing thick gloves
- A mono-frame construction eliminates weaknesses and keeps the ascender lightweight and durable
- Ergonomic upper part to maximize power when pulling with two hands
- Multiple attachment points allow for different uses
- The safety catch prevents the cam from opening too far thus keeping the rope captured for added safety
- The safety catch is also totally integrated into the body of the ascender to help prevent snagging
- Toothed cam with self-cleaning slot optimizes performance under any conditions
- Wide lower hole for easily attaching two carabiners for a lanyard and footloop
- Available in left-handed and right-handed versions.
Please note that adequate training and judgment are needed to reduce the risks inherent in the use of this equipment. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that the user is adequately and competently trained in the use of this product. We strongly advise that you do not use the Ascension without first undertaking appropriate training.