Compact Self-Braking Descender
Descenders are designed to regulate friction and control an individual's descent on a fixed rope, and the Petzl Rig is the ideal descender for work at height and rescue because it allows the user to take advantage of the force of gravity. Designed specifically for rope access work, the Petzl Rig also allows a worker to position themself at any point on the rope.
Further features of the Petzl Rig include:-
- a multi function handle that allows the worker to unblock the rope and control their descent with the hand on the free end of the rope or position themselves whilst on the rope without tying off the device
- an automatic return system that limits the risks in case of an involuntary action by the user
- a handle storage position which reduces the risk of snagging when the descender is being carried on the harness
- the safety gate design on the moving side plate helps prevent dropping the device and facilitates installation of the rope and passing intermediate anchors.
- a pivoting cam which facilitates taking up the slack in the rope. The Petzl Rig can also be used to make a reversible haul system, and for short ascents (in conjunction with a Petzl Footpro and a Petzl Ascension).
CE EN 12841 type C
CE EN 341 class A
NFPA 1983, light use
- For single ropes between 10.5 and 11.5mm in diameter
- Weight: 380g
- Yellow, as pictured
- Yellow, $194.00*
- Black, $209.00*
If you would like to know more about this or any other Petzl product give us a call on 02 4784 2224 or complete our equipment enquiry form.
* Please note: Prices given are in Australian dollars and are inclusive of GST. Discounts are applicable for large quantity orders or institutional organisations, please enquire. You may incur an additional charge for postage and handling. Prices are subject to change without notice.
Specialising in height safety equipment, training and consulting.
PH: 02 4784 2224